At last, six HeroForge 3D printed custom 28mm miniatures arrived at my door. I chose the "less durable/ultra-fine detail" option.
1. They are in true 28mm scale, and wouldn't look out of place with other minis.
2. They are faithful to the digital mockups you see in the character creator.
3. They are indeed fragile. The haft of the paladin's hammer snapped right off when I picked him up. If I ordered more, I would be wary of having any thin elements like spears, wands, or bows.
4. They take spray primer fairly well. Doing so really allows you to see the surface details.
5. The level of detail is excellent.
Oh, and either HeroForge or Shapeways messed up the order, sending me a mini I did not order in place of one that I did order.
|Paladin, before his hammer broke.|
|Really quite nice looking.|
|Paladin with busted hammer and white spray primer.|